John Port Spencer Academy were delighted to organise a Year 13 Spring Ball this February. We decided to organise the event as our year group had not had the experience of a Year 11 prom due to COVID and it was important to create memories for one of our students, who is currently fighting a difficult battle with cancer. Maggie’s school friends could not have done more to help organise the event with Mrs Lowndes (Head of Sixth Form). They decided quickly on the colour theme of silver, green and yellow; yellow was used to represent the Teenage Cancer Trust and green is Maggie’s favourite colour. The students had an amazing time, with delicious food, awards, music and dancing.
We would like to thank Repton School for the kind donation of their facilities for the evening, including their catering provided and all of their staff who worked that evening and helped us in so many different ways. We could not have organised the evening if it had not been for all of the kind and generous donations from so many people. We would also like to thank all of the staff at John Port Spencer Academy who gave up their time to help in various ways.
We would like to offer our sincere gratitude to the following people and organisations in helping us to create such amazing memories for our staff and students:
- Spencer’s Academy Trust
- Repton School for the venue and staffing.
- Tesco for their donated flowers and drinks
- Cottage Garden Florist in Willington who did discounted flowers for Margaret and Louis
- Morrisons for their discounted drinks (arranged by Sarah Rawlinson – Community Champion firstname.lastname@example.org)
- rachaelashley.co – Rachael Ashley Photography
- www.wireartbydaniel.com for a gift for Maggie
- www.limohire-sportcarhire.co.uk for providing a Bentley at a discounted rate
- www.inputgroup.co.uk – Mr Christopher Monk for making a donation to cover the cost of the limo and balloons
- Mr Croft and the John Port Spencer Academy Technology Faculty for making table decorations
- www.porschewolverhampton.co.uk Matt Holmes from Porsche for providing and driving a car for students
- Contacts from Repton who also provided cars