Since it was re-established 6 years ago, the PTA has raised over £23,000 and funded many items that the academy budget cannot cover. Including;
- visualisers for the whole of the English department
- a new digital piano for the Music department
- a HD Camera drone for the iMedia course
- new curtains for C Hall
Thanks to our amazing volunteers the PTA have held various fundraising events;
- for the students (discos, colour runs)
- for the school community (bars at school productions and Quiz n Chips nights)
- and in the local community (the annual plant sale).
The Chair of John Port Spencer Academy Parent and Teacher Association (JPSA PTA) will become vacant at the end of this academic year. Are you enthusiastic, calm, decisive, a good listener and want to make a difference? Then you will make an ideal candidate for Chair. Please note, you will also be supported by an experienced committee.
Unfortunately, if the vacancy for Chair is not filled then the PTA will be wound down in September and the academy will lose the additional funding and support for social / student events. If you would like to find out more about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.