Many thanks to parents and guardians who supported us with a return to the wearing of masks at the academy today (22nd September 2021). We had to give out over 500 masks today so please ensure that you send your child with a mask to the academy. Derbyshire County Council have also contacted us today and the wearing of masks has been reinstated on school transport.
Do not send your child to school if they are unwell. Parents will need to arrange a PCR test for students with any of the following symptoms:
- Cold like symptoms
- Flu like symptoms
- Persistent cough
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
PCR tests can also be requested for your child if they are a close contact of a positive COVID case: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
We do have an increase of cases across the academy and the community and we are working with Public Health England to reduce the risk. The following guidance from PHE is being adhered to.
- Students should now be wearing masks in classrooms and in buildings
- All assemblies will go online
- Windows and doors should be open for ventilation
- Student vaccinations are being held next week
- To keep our school community as safe as possible, twice weekly testing is really important.
- Test kits are available for students to collect from their form tutor.
John Port Spencer Academy