As you are aware there were various announcements over the weekend and I am sure there will be more changes during the weeks to come.
- Masks are now required in school, on school buses and on public transport
- If students come into contact with the new variant (Omicron), they will be instructed to self isolate for 10 days regardless of whether they have been vaccinated or not.
- We are required to test students on their return in January. They will have one test in school then test regularly at home. To enable the testing to take place we will stagger the return
- Year 7, 11, 12 & 13 will return on Monday 10th January 2022. Lessons will be online for Years 8, 9 & 10 on Monday 10th January.
- Years 8, 9 and 10 will return on the Tuesday 11th January 2022, when all students will be in the academy
- COVID testing will take place for Years 7, 11, 12 & 13 on Monday 10th January. COVID testing will take place for Years 8, 9 & 10 on Tuesday 11th January. You will be contacted regarding consent during the next few weeks
- On Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th January 2022, students in Years 7-11 who have consent will be given their flu vaccine.
This information is all subject to change, so I will update you as any changes occur.
John Port Spencer Academy