Summer 2022 Results Days
A Level Results Day: Thursday 18th August 2022
- Year 13 can collect their results from 8:00am until 9:00am
- Year 12 can collect their results from 9:00am until 10:00am.
GCSE Results Day: Thursday 25th August 2022
- Year 11 can collect their results from 9:00am until 10:00am.
Results will be collected from the Exam Centre at John Port Spencer Academy. Students should bring their academy ID cards with them to receive their results. If they have lost their academy ID card, another form of identification will be required.
There are two options for any students who are not able to collect their results in person;
- Students can either provide a stamped self-addressed A5 envelope and the results will be posted. Please bear in mind that we are not allowed to post the results before the allocated results day so depending on the post, it may take several days to arrive.
- Alternatively, someone could collect on the student’s behalf. If this option is chosen then the person collecting will need to bring a letter of permission written by the student. We would also need prior notice of this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as this will ensure the results are taken to the academy main reception where they can be collected.
Exams Certificates from Summer 2021 and from previous years can be collected by emailing email@example.com.
If you are still attending Spencer Academy, you can collect past year’s certificates from the Exams Office in Chatsworth Building.
Summer 2022 Exam Dates
The exam period for 2022 has been set as Monday 16th May 2022 until Tuesday 28th June 2022. The contingency date is planned for Wednesday 29th June 2022.
Timetables are available below:
Contingency plans have been published for 2022. These will come into effect if exams don’t go ahead. Full details are available on the government website: www.gov.uk/contingency arrangements for exams 2022
In this Ofqual link, there is useful information about how the changes to examinations in Summer 2022 have been made to make them as fair as possible during the pandemic: Arrangements for exams in 2022 – Ofqual letter to students
COVID illness during the Exam Period
If a student has a COVID infection during the exam period, please read this document for information and advice: Exams: What do I need to know if I’m worried I might have Covid?
JCQ’s Form 14 (Self Certification for Candidates) is available via this link: www.jcq.org.uk/Form-14 – Self-Certification-Form.
Summer 2022 Additional Support For Students
A package of support has been put in place for students taking GCSE, AS and A level qualifications in Summer 2022. It is intended to make sure that Ofqual and the Awarding Bodies are being as fair as possible to students given the disruption they have experienced, and many continue to face, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
A guide for students on how GCSEs, A levels, vocational and technical qualifications are graded and awarded this academic year is available here.
Use the following Links to access information from Ofqual and the Awarding Bodies. They provide details of the changes now in place to support students:
Exam Board Subject lists
The following links show what exams boards we use here at the Academy.
Summer 2022 Resits – Forms
Mock Exam Dates (Summer Term)
Mock exams for Years 10 and 12 are running from 20th June to 1st July 2022. Full details are available on the timetable below.
John Port Spencer Academy is committed to ensuring that candidates are fully briefed on the exam and
assessment process in the centre and are made aware of the required JCQ awarding body instructions and
information for candidates. Please read our Student Handbook for the latest guidance.
John Port Exam Team – Contact Details
- Miss A Thomas – Examinations and Assessments Officer
- Mrs J Smith – Examinations Assistant
- Telephone: 01283 291018
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org